Tuesday, October 11, 2016

First night at our new house

  Last night was the first night in our new home.  I am so thankful to my mother-in-law who welcomed us into her home for over a month, but I am super excited to finally have a space of my own! I was also super exhausted! It has been a long few weeks, and we have a couple more long weeks ahead. I sometimes feel overwhelmed. I feel like we are not getting good full days of schoolwork in because I have to skip things because I can't find them or because something isn't set up yet. We definitely will have to skip some public holidays to make up for lost time.
Getting back to the house, we had a housekeeper we'd interviewed do a trail run. She did an amazing job cleaning the kitchen, which is now fully functional.
  We have a spider problem, but I think the more she cleans and gets rid of the web's, the less spiders we'll see.
  Finally, A neighbor from a few houses down noticed we had finally moved in, so she stopped to say hello, and even brought over two cups of tea. What a beautiful 'welcome to the neighborhood' gesture!  I'm really feeling blessed to be having this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment